The moonlight cinemas are currently being held over a two-week period with a different movie being shown each night in a different part of city. Best thing is that they're free! Fittingly, we watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame at Place des Vosges, where the French writer Victor Hugo (who wrote the novel) used to live.
The best thing was, during the movie I got distracted by little lights darting through the sky. I was wondering what they were and then I realised they were shooting stars! Amazing! The first time in my life that I've actually seen a shooting star. By the way, do people still wish on stars these days? Who can forget that wonderful song from the Disney and childhood classic - Pinnochio.
Also, I'm happy to say that I've finally watched the film Amélie. What an absolutely gorgeous and quirky film, I loved it! So after that Libby & I decided to go exploring around her neighbourhood, Montmarte. Went to the Café des Deux Moulins of course...
One day we'll have to find the veggie/fruit store of Monsieur Collignon face de fion (woops pardon my French...) Haha.
Re: French progress...I don't really know if it's getting anywhere. I had my first dream in French the other day but unfortunately I was speaking just as badly as I do in real life. Dammit! A few days ago I was with my Frenchy friend, on the way to dinner. We walked past a Japanese restaurant and I said (in French) 'This restaurant always has a really long queue outside'. Suddenly he started cracking up and I had no idea why. Turns out I actually said 'This restaurant always has a really long ass outside.' Hmph...guess I better pay more attention to my pronunciation!

No comments:
Post a Comment