Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spoilt with English, back to le français

Just got back yesterday from a week and a half in the UK. Had such a great time! I loved getting to spend time with mum & dad, relatives and friends. Highlights would definitely be:

- My cousin Lynette's wedding. Everything was absolutely gorgeous.
- Random chats & reminiscing old times with family & relos at the dinner table.
- Delicious food cooked by my aunty including a big pot of Malaysian curry on the first night and mandatory fresh chilli with every meal. Yum...
- Getting to catch up with Anna & Nathan (thanks for putting me up guys!)
- London shopping! Of all the shops, I still can't believe how cheap Primark is. Sure, it may not be the best quality but who cares (things are like £2 so it doesn't matter so much if they fall apart in a week) and you can find some really awesome stuff in there. It's absolute chaos inside - with clothes flung everywhere, having to push past everyone, and at times resorting to scrummaging through things on the floor (classy). But it all adds to the experience :)

I love my new ballet flats from there. They were on the pricier end of the scale - a whopping £6 each pair. Haha bargain!!

After being with family, and now back alone in Paris, it's probably the first time I've actually felt like I miss home.

It didn't help things that when I got back I found one of the pipes in the toilet had been leaking and had flooded the bathroom a little. Fun. Had to call the plumber who said he'll come tomorrow 'morning'. I love how they give no indication of the hour - it must be an international tradies rule. All I want to know is what time I can sleep in til haha.

Oh also, spurred on by yet another Easyjet delay on my way to the UK, I decided to buy my first French novels.

Le Journal de Bridget Jones because I've already read the English one and thought it might help if I actually know the story line. The other seemed 'easy' too. It takes me a while to read and sometimes I have completely no idea what the hell I'm seeing on the page, but I'm enjoying it. Especially when I actually understand the humorous parts.

No comments: